I started this project out of personal curiosity. I was interested in:
- Was there any water lifting device, pump at the spring?
- What was the slope of the aquaeduct?
- What amount of water was transferred per day?
- How were the limescale blocks formed?
- How was the crossing with roads solved?
- Foliage, dirt, garbage removal where necessary.
- Observation of the form, material of the limescale blocks, underside too.
- Taking pictures, photogrammetry.
- Reconstruction of missing stones, lead pipes with the help of a 3D software.
- Simulation of the collapse of buildings, amount of ruble.
- Looking for analogues for building methods, materials, scaling.
- Processing, visualization of the results. Reconstructions, animations.
Collapsed piece of wall still in place next to the aqueduct.
Formation of the limescale block.
3D model of the limescale block.
Point cloud made from 80 photos.
Photo of the aqeduct – road crossing, and reconstructed view.